Monday, February 27, 2012

Frame it Part 3

Hello my friends!! I hope you had a great weekend.  We were able to get so much done and had a great time hanging out with some new friends!  Soooo...I know this project is two months overdue!! What's up with that?  There is really no excuse, although it did take me an hour to find chicken wire at Home Depot (part distractions along the way, part just being stubborn and not asking for assistance).  It is in the gardening section FYI.  Anyways, without further ado...
Supplies:
Empty frame
Gold paint and brush
Chicken wire (Buy by the roll at Home Depot or Lowes) only $2
Staple gun
Inspirational pics and colors
Clips (I painted these to match the frame)
*This project cost around $15 total

Instructions:
Paint frame (if necessary).  Stretch chicken wire across frame.  You will want to make sure that it is extra tight so it may help to have someone hold while you staple.  (I had the mister help me out with this part.)  Trim off extra wire.  I used pictures of us and paint samples that matched to room on mine, but it would also make a great message/notes board or a great inspiration board for above your desk.  

I loved how I bought all these frames for no more than 12 bucks all together and were able to make each of them into really cool wall art!  See Here and Here.  Although, I still have a long way to go for wall decorations, this helped me get ever so closer.
For now this will go above our bed between two recently thrifted candelabras, but I would like to eventually put this above a desk.  Problem is, I have yet to find a desk…sigh…
Maybe one day I will give a house tour, but I am nowhere close to having a fully decorated home to do that.  Someday...

Much Love,

Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment