Monday, January 7, 2013

Beautiful Words



I look towards the wintering trees
To hush my fretful soul
As they rise to face the icy sky
And hold fast beneath the snow
Their rings grow wide, their roots go deep
That they might hold their height
And stand like valiant soldiers
Through the watches of the night

No human shoulder ever bears
The weight of all the world
But hearts can sink beneath the ache
Of trouble's sudden surge
Yet far beyond full knowing
There's a strong unsleeping light
That reaches round to hold me
Through the watches of the night

I have cried upon the steps that seem
Too steep for me to climb
And I've prayed against a burden
I did not want to be mine
But here I am and this is where
You're calling me to fight
And You I will remember
Through the watches of the night
You I will remember
Through the watches of the night

-Kristyn Getty

I heard this poem last night and had to share it.  I would highly recommend listening to it by the author on youtube.  She has an amazing voice and awesome Irish accent.  

FYI...I plan on coming back to this space more reguarly but I am still working out what I want this space to be like.  

Much Love,

Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment