Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Modern Twist on a Classic

In lieu of recent events, I thought I would do the first of my “modern twists on the classics” posts on Elizabeth Taylor. These posts will be dedicated to finding pieces that capture old Hollywood glamour in clothes that are available to us. I love old movies, and one of the things I often find myself doing when I watch them is trying to figure out how I could wear what they are wearing in a new way. So here is my first attempt.


I love this looks and since it is about to be summer I thought it would be fun to find a retro bathing suit.

Pleated Underwire Top
($50) Jcrew

Retro Denim Capris
($17.80) Forever 21
Leatherette Teardrop Heels
($26.80) Forever 21

(This picture does not show the shoes so I thought I would take creative liberty with this part of the outfit!!) 

There ya go!! Hope you all have a great day!!

- Mere




1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favourite photos of Liz Taylor. Great modern re-creation of the outfit!

    Bubbs...

    www.paris-on-my-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete